I was standing at a crossroads in my business.
The next step seemed too challenging to navigate alone.
I had a number of alternatives for moving forward but was unsure as to what to do.
As a result I was being indecisive.
I also had a lot of emotion wrapped around the outcome of my decisions and hence was feeling fearful, anxious and a little stuck.
I’d also come so far forward with my plans and ideas that I couldn’t really turn back.
And I coach this stuff, so you can imagine how it felt.
So how did I overcome this?
I put my challenges to the table with colleagues and coaching peers who all experience similar challenges.
I recently spent a day Masterminding with a bunch of awesome business peeps getting real about what’s working, what’s not and how to move forward quickly and easily.
What we achieved in the space of a day was nothing short of miraculous.
The collective wisdom managed to set me straight – completely.
Together we turned what seemed like complex issues into a basic process of implementation.
The result after just one dedicated and focused day with my Mastermind…
- A clear strategy,
- The beginnings of a plan,
- Feeling supported,
- A way forward out of a rut, and
- Decisive action!
All in one day!
It got me thinking about why some people steer away from group development.
For some reason people often place more value in individual learning.
I don’t get it.
You can NEVER underestimate the power of the collective.
I so often have clients come to me doubtful of the effectiveness of group coaching in comparison to one-to-one coaching.
If that’s you, all I can say is you either…
- Don’t know what you don’t know,
- Aren’t in the right tribe, or
- The group coaching you’ve experienced wasn’t well facilitated.
The tribe is always wiser than the individual – ALWAYS!
A good facilitator coupled with your own willingness to learn and excel amplifies that even further.
A structured approach to finding solutions aided by quality facilitation keeps you…
- Out of your old story (it’s behind you – move forward), and
- Out of the content of your problem (often a perpetuation of the limited focus that creates your obstacles anyway).
- It puts you in SOLUTION MODE!
- Helps you feel truly supported, and
- Shows you the power of your own experience to help others and thereby yourself.
You are special but your problem isn’t!
Sorry to say that, but it’s not.
If you think that your problem is unique and special you need to get over yourself…QUICKLY!
You’re NOT the only one.
And if you think you need to share your problem for hours in order to find a way forward you’re severely mistaken.
Talking for hours about what’s gone ‘wrong’ won’t solve your problems – it will only anchor you further into the issue at hand.
It will only make them more real and frustrate you further.
You don’t need to share and embellish to gain understanding and find resolve. You just need to ask the right questions with the right people in a focused atmosphere and be OPEN.
Masterminds are a key to success.
The classic book “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill was written after 25 years of studying the most successful and insanely wealthy business people of early last century.
In every case study, including people like Henry Ford and Andrew Carnegie, Hill found that the common factors amongst them all was…
- Unending desire,
- Perseverance, and
- Having the presence of a quality Mastermind.
By Mastermind I mean teams of people facing similar challenges supporting each other to optimise wealth and fulfillment of destiny.
I love being coached and will also always happily pay in accordance with the value of my outcome. However the Mastermind of peers I have joined to help me propel my business and deliver my message to the world is…
All serious business people and world changers should have one.
Signs you need a Mastermind…
- You put off making important decisions due to the lack of consultation,
- You implement change and ideas slower than you would like,
- Your problems seem complex regardless of how many times you speak it out loud you still can’t see a way forward,
- You’re working in a silo, spending most of your days alone having to motivate yourself and hold yourself accountable,
- You have no supervision and thereby no feedback or criticism with which to grow your business and upgrade your processes,
- You’re procrastinating, you know what you need to do but don’t do it, or
- You know your networks in your field of business could be larger but don’t know what to do about it.
If you don’t have a Mastermind and are serious about accelerating your growth in business and life – find one!
I can’t rave enough about the massive leaps I have made personally and professionally since joining and forming them.
The Next Step
- Stuck in a job that doesn’t fulfill you,
- Doing well in business but something is missing for you,
- Have an idea, a dream or a passion but you’re sitting on the fence, or you’re
- Blocked and unsure about how to make your passionate career a reality for you.
Then just click the button below and book yourself in for a Free 10 Minute Chat.
I’ve built, run and facilitate a tribal Mastermind for people just like you.
But you must be willing to…
- Drop your old story,
- Learn to ask the right questions,
- Be open to feedback,
- Be willing to engage and be engaged, and
- Be willing to step up into solution mode with a group.
Then the tribe can REALLY help you to live the dream of making your passion a purposeful profession now.
Book a 10 Minute Chat with Heath Myers
Leave a Reply